Afro*Disiac Live Radio
Free Community and Employability Course
Our Community and Employability course is FREE developed out of the passion for sharing the power of community radio and passing on radio knowledge and skills to young individuals. It also is an opportunity to highlight all the potential avenues of employment to learners interested in radio. We deliver our course over four weeks for an hours session each Saturday.
We teach to small groups of up to seven students, this is because we feel our course is best delivered to a smaller group to maximize individual attention and devote enough practical work time to each learner.
Our aims are to:
- Introduce learners to the community radio sector & Podcasting.
- Introduce learners to basic radio production.
- Support learners in developing skills to support them in future employment.
- To assist learners in developing personal, social skills and functional skills.
In this training, learners will develop their skills and raise their confidence in:
- Understanding the history of radio and its importance today
- The roles and employment opportunities available in radio
- Development of digital media production skills
- Using ICT
- Interviewing and being interviewed
- Radio etiquette
- Producing a show
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- Identify their strengths and areas they would like to improve
- Compare and contrast a variety of radio stations, programming, target audiences, and presenter styles
- Understand the difference between community radio and other radio sectors
- Understand what makes teamwork well together
- Have an understanding of legal restrictions and broadcasting guidelines
- Use a variety of sources to research program ideas and in future employment
- Plan radio programs using running orders
- Write and deliver effective links
- Research and plan an interview preparing appropriate questions
- Work in a group to prepare a short radio program
Meet the team!
Julia Hanlon – Radio Programs Director and Course Instructor
Raymond Nyenje – Founder – Director Afro*Disiac Live Radio
Beckee White – YEP Director- Coordinator
Pixi J – DJ and Course Instructor
For More Information about our courses please contact:
Tel: 01202 294842